What’s great about container gardening is that it is very flexible. Even old scraps like plastic bottles may be used as vegetable pots for your mini garden at home. Interested to turn trash to food? Read on.
The materials that you will need are the following:
- Empty plastic bottle
- Old rags (cotton) or yarn
- Scissors or cutter
- Potting soil mix
- Vegetable seeds or seedlings
- Cut a 1.5L plastic bottle in half. Puncture three holes approximately one inch apart at the top of the bottle that will serve as drainage for your plant.
- Add potting soil mix on the side of the bottle where you drilled holes. Cut two strips of wicking fabric or yard and insert it into the neck of the bottle.
- Add water to the base of your planter. If available, add organic liquid fertilizer such as concoctions and extracts.
- Sow the seeds or plant a seedling. Water lightly from the top just once to settle them in.