Ideally, you want to choose garden containers that are large enough that you don’t have to water them constantly. If they don’t have adequate drainage then you will need to drill holes so the water doesn’t build up. You want to choose pots that are not going to dry out in the sun or become weathered. It is unlikely that you will overwater the plants so you want to make sure to be generous with watering.
Whatever you plan to plant at home, below are a few tips to think about, for a successful container garden.
- Choose your containers wisely
- Sterilize your containers
- Plan before you plant
- Fertilize, fertilize, fertilize
- “Rotate” your crops
- Water regularly — and then water some more
- Choose the best potting mix
- When making a container garden, you should first choose your containers carefully because the materials have pros and cons.
- Make sure your containers are clean, and plan out your garden first.
- Your plants will need extra fertilizer and water, and you should harvest any vegetables regularly.
“The beauty of container gardening is that you can move pots to more favourable conditions if they’re not thriving in their original location.”
Read more: https://www.canadianliving.com/home-and-garden/gardening/article/7-secrets-to-successful-container-gardening.
Leave a Reply